creative department gabble

All the news and gossip from Penna's blue-haired stepchild

Monday, December 04, 2006

The sunny side of the exhibition

There is no real chronological order to these blogs. I just post what I can when I have time. Having licked a copy project for Hyde this morning, I thought it would be a nice thing to just say how proud we were of their exhibition stand that debuted at Forum3 a few months ago.

When I came into the office, it was partially set up in here and I just went mental seeing it in the flesh. Brilliant! Calls for a Nothing's Better Than Seeing Your Work Huge Boogie.



(Had someone take my picture with it too. It's one of my babies. And it makes me look tall.)

Them I headed over to the Business Design Centre in Islington to see it in action. Look!



There you are. Smiley Hyde people swarmed with interest in their cartoon world. I had a little spy on the competition and let's face it, none of them had a bunting, did they? Frankly I think if you haven't got a bunting, you are missing the point.

The Hyde people I spoke to seemed really pleased and they pointed out that when you go up to the balcony and look down, the way the light hits, it looked like their cartoon Hyde sun was shining!



Lovely. Satisfied with a joint Hyde-Penna victory, I did the natural thing and hopped a train for another weekend of chasing guitar players. Only to arrive on Monday to be welcomed back into work mode with the news that Hyde had won Best Small Stand.

Hooray!

Who says you can't be commercially successful and just generally get ahead being nice? Hyde seem to manage. Welcome sign and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home